Friday, June 19, 2009

Minnesota Congresswoman Refuses to Complete 2010 Census




This is what I'm talking about. At least someone in "the system" understands what the census is supposed to be and is making a stand.

I know for my family the only question we will be answering is how many people are in our home," she said. "We won't be answering any information beyond that, because the Constitution doesn't require any information beyond that.
Of course, a census bureau spokesperson says Mrs. Bachmann is "misreading" the law.

I don't believe that Mrs. Bachman said anything about "the law." I believe she mentioned "the Constitution." Shall we see what the Constitution has to say about the matter? Let's start with Article I Section 2.

Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Persons, including those bound to Service for a Term of Years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons.
I'm not seeing anything about race, creed, religion, income, political affiliation or anything along those lines.

Of course, feel free to answer all the other questions and see what happens.

5 comments:

  1. You know how I feel about the "census." I was infuriated when the little twerp showed up on my land and took a GPS reading of the location of my home. I'd like to know where the justification for that comes from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It comes out of the mind of those evil bastards in Washington. Time to refresh the tree of Liberty methinks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would remind the Census Representative:
    That's CONGRESSMAN Bachmann.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stopped by to see what you had been up to lately.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Time for a new post!

    ReplyDelete